The game’s publisher has reassured fans – who are still playing the 2018 title after widespread disappointment over last year’s disappointing instalment – after an in-game notification appeared telling users the servers would soon go offline.
In a statement on Twitter, the team said: “Please disregard the in-game message stating that the WWE 2K19 servers are coming down on May 31.
He tweeted: “Some PC players saw an automated message saying 2K19 servers were coming down in May. Not true! Servers are staying up.
“Possible there was a legacy screen that popped up on the first boot after a patch. On our end, the message goes away after a reboot. Sorry for the drama!”
The clarification comes after 2K Sports confirmed ‘WWE 2K21’ has officially been cancelled and will be replaced by new arcade brawler ‘WWE 2K Battlegrounds’.
The team said in a recent statement: “We hear you and we know you want more from the franchise, so here’s what we’re going to do: we are applying what we’ve learned to the next WWE 2K simulation game with a renewed focus on quality and fun.
“As part of that commitment, we are extending the production timeline and will not be releasing a WWE 2K simulation game in 2020 (T2 fiscal year 2021). We want to ensure the development team at Visual Concepts can create a great game that will entertain grizzled WWE 2K veterans, as well as newcomers who want to climb through the ropes and step into the ring for the very first time.”
World news – GB – WWE 2K19 servers staying live despite in-game message