Your tech news digest, by way of the DGiT Daily tech newsletter, for Wednesday, May 6.
Here’s something coming a little further down the road than normal coverage, but could be big: the NFC Forum, which has Apple, Sony and Google as sponsors, and Samsung as a principal member, has announced the approval of a wireless charging specification to let you charge devices via NFC chips.
4. New patent: This could be what Xiaomi’s first phone with an in-display camera looks like (Android Authority).
5. The best 2019 flagship phones that are still worth buying in 2020 and best audio deals — save on Harman Kardon, Bose, and more (Android Authority).
6. Apple announced its virtual WWDC will start on June 22, for free. That’s a little later than usual, but no mind: attendees usually have to try and win a lottery ticket (or know someone) and then pay for the ticket itself. This will mean no cap on devs, and no fees, or flights, hotels, etc!
7. With cafes and libraries closed, Americans without internet access are sitting in parking lots to get free and fast Wi-FI connections (NY Times).
9. Steven Sinofsky is authoring a book about his time at Microsoft, probably a must-read (OnMSFT.com).
10. Murderer on the run in China turns himself in because he doesn’t have a health code (Abacus).
The DGiT Daily delivers a daily email that keeps you ahead of the curve for all tech news, opinions, and links to what’s going down in the planet’s most important field. You get all the context and insight you need, and all with a touch of fun. Plus! Rotating daily fun for each day of the week, like Wednesday Weirdness. Join in!
World news – CA – NFC might get even more useful with wireless charging, and more tech news today