The number of confirmed cases in Sarnia-Lambton to date was 343, with 317 of those resolved.
Another 209 COVID-19 test results were received in Sarnia-Lambton, bringing the total since the start of the pandemic to 25,758.
Ontario Saturday meanwhile announced unmonitored and private gatherings everywhere in Ontario would be restricted to 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors. The limits were previously set at 50 and 100 respectively.
The move came amid consultation with public health leaders and after the measures were imposed in Toronto, Peel Region and Ottawa earlier in the week, government officials said in a press release.
Minister of Health Christine Elliott tweeted Saturday morning there were 407 new confirmed cases the following day across the province, with 71 per cent of those in people under the age of 40.
“We need everyone to follow the public health rules in order to prevent another provincewide lockdown, and protect all our citizens, especially the elderly and the vulnerable,” said Premier Doug Ford in a statement.
The new limits don’t apply to events or gatherings held in staffed businesses and facilities such as bars, restaurants, cinemas, convention centres, banquet halls, gyms, places of worship, recreational sporting or performing art events, officials said.
© 2020 Strathroy Age Dispatch. All rights reserved.
A member of Sun Media Community Newspapers part of Postmedia Network.
Sarnia, Lambton County
World news – THAT – Number of local COVID-19 cases unchanged