When you subscribe, we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters
Sometimes, they will include recommendations for other newsletters or related services that we offer
Our privacy notice explains in more detail how we use your data and your rights.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Outriders is now available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia
The looter shooter is the latest game of People Can Fly, the creator of Gears of War: Judgment and Bulletstorm
However, although it turned out to be popular at launch, Outriders encountered a problem or two on console and PC
Servers were a big deal, especially when it comes to cross play between PC users and console gamers
“When preparing for Day builds 1 for PC and consoles, we discovered a desynchronization between the code of the PC and the console”, we read in an article from Square Enix
“This results in a backend mismatch which results in players being kicked out of a multiplayer game that includes both console and PC players..
Instead of an official update, Developer People Can Fly released a workaround, asking PC users to play between Steam and Epic Games
“We have temporarily disabled the automatic correspondence between PC and consoles Steam players & Epic can still play together, either by invitation or via matchmaking
“If you invite a console player to your PC game using an invite code (or vice versa), the game will initially connect, but a player will eventually be kicked out of the game. We strongly recommend that you do not do this until we update all versions of the game.”
Other major issues include game crashes during some missions, problems with the disappearance of the user interface and ATH, problems with cleaning up inventory and key items falling on the map.
Potential workarounds include selecting the ‘Play Outriders launch option- DirectX11’ when starting the game, or forcing DX11 to run the game via a command line.
Another workaround – and the one that worked for me – is to make sure the latest version of NVIDIA Game Ready is installed. You can even try reverting to a previous pilot in case it makes a difference.
If the visuals are blurry, it is worth disabling the FPS limiter in the settings menu
Before the next update, People Can Fly has released a list of known issues and preliminary patch notes, which you can see below
See the front and back pages of the day, download the journal,
order back numbers and use the Daily Express history
Pc game, People Can Fly, Cross-platform play, Xbox One
News – United States – Outriders Servers, crossplay update, early patch notes and workarounds
Associated title :
– Waiters Outriders servers are backed up, But the developers are aware of the problems
– Outriders servers, crossplay update, early patch notes and workarounds
– Outriders Pre-Install Error, Server Connection Issue and Fixes
– Outriders update fixes stuttering and stability issues on PC
– Outriders PC: How to troubleshoot performance issues
– Fixing The Stuttering Issues With Outriders on PC
– Outriders Server Issue Solutions and PC Performanc e Correctifs
– Outriders Issues Workaround for PC Stuttering
– Outriders has an update which should fix DX11 stuttering
– [Update: the servers stopped again] The problem” Internet connection error “d’Outriders (Crossplay support) is officially recognized