Mysterious monolith discovered in remote Utah, after being spotted by government employees counting sheep from a helicopter
The structure, estimated between 10 and 12 feet high (about 3 meters), seemed to be stuck in the ground It was made of some kind of metal, its brilliance contrasted sharply with the huge red rocks that surrounded it
The helicopter pilot, Bret Hutchings, told local news channel KSLTV: «It’s the strangest thing I’ve encountered in all my years of flying.”
Hutchings was flying for the Utah Department of Public Safety, who helped wildlife officers count bighorn sheep in the southern part of the state.
“One of the biologists is the one who spotted it and we just flew directly over it”, Hutchings said «He was like, ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!’ And I said to myself ‘What?’ And he said: ‘There's this stuff over there – we have to go watch it!’ “
Hutchings said the object appeared man-made and appeared to have been planted firmly in the ground and not fallen from the sky
“I guess he's a new wave artist or something or, you know, someone who was a huge fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey”, Hutchings said
The monolith and its frame resembled a famous scene from Stanley Kubrick's film of 1968, in which a group of monkeys meet a giant slab
The @UtahDPS helicopter was helping the @UtahDWR count Bighorn Sheep in remote southern Utah on Wednesday when the crew encountered something entirely “ out of this world ”@ KSL5TV #KSLTV #UtahPhotojournaliste: @ Photog_Steve5 picTwittercom / f8P0fayDIS
After spotting the monolith, the helicopter crew landed for a closer look A video from the ground, obtained by KLTV, showed crew members climbing on each other's shoulders to reach the top of the monolith
Hutchings a dit «We joked that if one of us suddenly disappears, so the rest of us are racing”
Bighorn Sheep live in some of Utah's most rugged and remote areas and survive in harsh climatic conditions Fearing that amateur explorers will get stuck in the wild while searching for the monolith, the flight crew did not disclose its exact location.
Some observers have compared the monolith to the plank sculptures by artist John McCracken, who lived in New Mexico and New York until his death in 2011 McCracken's gallerist, David Zwirner, did not immediately respond to a request for comment
Utah, monolith, desert, 2001: a space odyssey
News – United States – Helicopter pilot discovers a monolith «strange» in a remote area of Utah
Associated title :
– Helicopter pilot finds & # 39; strange& # 39; monolith in remote part of Utah
– Men find mysterious metal monolith in Utah wilderness, touch him immediately
– Looks like the aliens dropped something
– A spatial oddity 2020? Mysterious metallic object found in the Utah desert
– Mystery of the metal monolith of 12 feet uncovered in the middle of the Utah desert – and it strangely resembles the machines of
– Mysterious metal monolith found in the Utah wilderness by a team of biologists
– A & # 39; 2001& # 39; -Like a monolith found in the Utah desert
– Mysterious piece of metal 10 feet found in Utah, according to officials What is it?