Despite a serious competitor in recent years, Steam remains the largest PC gaming platform in the world when you take a look at the number of users who actively play games in this market each month According to the latest data provided by Valve, Steam averaged over 120 million active players each month in 2020, which is an untouchable number even for PlayStation and Xbox.
In a year-by-year comparison, Steam users have spent 50% from time to time on this platform in 2020 compared to 2019 As well, average 26 million new buyers joined the platform each month in 2020 Generally, the number of sales increased by more than 21% last year compared to the year before last
According to the latest data provided by Sony and Microsoft, the PS4 counted on average 102 million active NHP users, while the number of active Xbox Live users each month reaches nearly 90 millions. Even though the number of users of both console services has increased by millions, they are still far behind the number of monthly players Steam had in 2020.
Valve's statement made it clear that some of this growth was linked to the global COVID-19 lockdown, which made it possible for more people to stay at home and spend more time playing games on Steam. Generally, digital game markets around the world have seen a dramatic increase in sales in 2020, while physical markets were on the verge of bankruptcy.
In addition to providing the above statistics, Valve also revealed plans for 2021 to keep the market growing and improve the user experience by refreshing the Steam mobile app and updating its PC interface. Moreover, with the full launch of Steam in China in 2021, Valve hopes to have a record year in terms of sales and revenue Below, you can view Valve's full plans for 2021:
Last but not the least, there will apparently be a Lunar New Year sale on Steam earlier in February this year
Steam, Valve Corporation
News – GB – Steam had more than 120 million active players per month in 2020
Associated title :
– Valve confirme 120 million monthly Steam users In 2020
– Steam had more than 120 million active players per month in 2020
– Leaked emails about the Steam Lunar New Year sale for the 11 February
– Sooner or later, Steam will have to go bankrupt in China
– Valve is planning something special for Linux games in 2021
– Date of the first Steam sale of the leaks 2021
– Will Steam China finally launch this weekend??
– Steam Lunar New Year sale kicks off in February
– Upcoming launch of & # 39; Steam China& # 39; Are the players worried
– Steam's Lunar New Year sale dates leaked 2021