Explore the most beautiful countries with amazing photo reports and amazing travel magazines A magazine that lets you see the world differently
Discover the myths and legends that have shaped our history! Each volume in the collection traces the action-packed and exciting adventures of these legendary characters.
Save this article for later reading by clicking this button
The element was added
The article was extracted
Receive all the information on this subject
This topic has been added to your account
This topic has been deleted from your account
French astronaut Thomas Pisquet, who is about to return to space, was appointed FAO Goodwill Ambassador on Monday for “advocate action against climate change and the transformation of agro-food systems”, announced the United Nations agency
The Director-General of FAO, Qu Dongyu, said in an online ceremony that the astronaut and the director general of the European Space Agency (THAT), Joseph Ashbacher in particular, had attended – from afar,
«With the increase in hunger – near 690 million people suffer from it and the Covid-19 pandemic could lead to 132 million people in this situation () – The head of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, based in Rome, said:« cannot continue on the same path
“We need everyone's help, we need knowledge and we must act first”, he declared during this pre-recorded event. “Thomas Pesquet gives us a unique perspective, a view from space”, added Xu Dongyu.
The role of Thomas Pesquet “will consist of raising public awareness of the impact of climate change, to fight against food insecurity and malnutrition, and FAO's work to transform agrifood systems”, defines the organization
Thomas Pesquet, 43 years, must join the International Space Station (ISS) the 22 April from Florida aboard the SpaceX spacecraft, with three other astronauts.
The Frenchman said to himself «very proud» to accept this appointment. «I am currently preparing my next mission and therefore feel closer than ever to the activities of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
The French astronaut passed close by 200 days on the European Space Station between end of November 2016 and early June 2017
Before leaving for the first time in space, he had declared that his companion, Anne, works at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, «She saves the world», he told director Pierre Emmanuel Le Jouve, who was shooting a movie. about him, «I make children dream.»
CPPAP: 0322 W 90268 – PRISMA MEDIA Group website (G J NETWORK) © MEDIUM PRISM 2018 All rights reserved
Thomas Pesquet, FAO, FAO Goodwill Ambassador, International space station, astronaut
News – FR – Thomas Pesquet appointed FAO Goodwill Ambassador
Associated title :
– Thomas Pesquet appointed Goodwill Ambassador to FAO : What does that mean?
– Thomas Pesquet appointed FAO Goodwill Ambassador
– Thomas Pesquet, FAO Ambassador-designate, s& # 39; Engage in the fight against hunger
– Thomas Pesquet has been appointed Goodwill Ambassador by the& # 39; A
– <a href = "/? S = a few days before departure for the& # 39; ISS, Tomas Pisquet rêve d'aller" on the moon " For& # 39; ISS, Thomas Pisquet rêve d'aller "sur la lune"
– Appointment of Thomas Pesquet as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for & # Agriculture and l& # 39; Food
– L& # 39; Astronaut Thomas Pesquet named Goodwill Ambassador by& # 39; HIM-HER-IT
– <a href = "/? S = Thomas Pesquet, French astronaut from the l& # 39; will unveil its playlist of the& # 39; space" "Thomas Pesquet, french astronaut l& # 39; He will unveil his playlist for the& # 39; space
– Thomas Pesquet as the Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations for the & # 39; Food and
– Thomas Pesquet mandated by the& # 39; United Nations to raise awareness of climate and global hunger